Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sakura

Sakura or Cherry Blossom grows in Japan during spring from March to May.
It's said that the origin of hanami or flower dates back to more than one thousand years ago when aristocrats enjoyed looking at beautiful cherry blossoms and wrote poems. Gorgeous flowers are main attractions of the festivals, but a variety of traditional Japanese performing arts presented in many festivals can't be missed. Joining tea ceremonies held under cherry trees can be a memorable experience as well. It's dun to stop by festival vendors which sell various food and souvenirs, including crafts and specialty food in the region. It's notable that many cherry blossom festivals hold light-up events in the evening.
Source: Sakura

My father attended a Cherry Blossom festival together with his friends. This is one of Japan's tradition that makes their country a place with its rich culture.
Here are my favorite photos by my father:
Temples. 
Beautiful
This is my father. Look at all the people around him.
Papa also made a slideshow that features all his photos during the festival.
Take a peek! Sakura slideshow


Someday, I will witness this tradition myself. Looks fun and very exciting. I love it how Japanese treasured their culture and tradition.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking time reading my post! I hope I triggered your interest. I would love to hear your comments. Much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...