Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Letter to my Father

"The main reason why a daughter needs a dad is to show her that not all boys are like the ones who hurt her." 

Dearest Papa,


Happy Father's Day! 
I can't remember the last time I gave you a handwritten letter. (blame the technology, you haven't get to see how my handwriting improved) Pa, thank you for being a good father to me and to kuya from the moment we were born until we grew old. You chose to be away from your family to support us with our needs. That is one of the biggest sacrifice you've done. Thank you! You may not be here when we grew up but that doesn't mean I love you any less.
As a child, I didn't really like my name 'Louie', I believe you were the one who gave it to me. But without Louie, "Maui" won't be formed because MAry and loUIe equals Maui. and without Louie, I couldn't think of a name for my blog, thus "the girl with a boy's name" is formed. Thank You!
You were the one who introduced Hello Kitty to me and supported my love for Hello Kitty by buying me stuff with her face on it. Again, thank you. I thought I outgrew my love for her but I didn't, she is still my favorite character. 
You know how impatient I get to be sometimes, I'm sorry and I promise to be more patient as possible. And when your old, tired legs don't let you move fast just like before, I'll give you my hands just like how you offered yours to me when I first walked.

I hope I made you proud. I may be halfway through achieving my dreams but I promise to never give up and you'll always be part of my dreams.  I may be an adult now, but I would still love to have you around and I am never too old for hugs.


I Love You, Pa! I'll always be a daddy's girl. I miss you.


With all my love, your imperfect daughter
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking time reading my post! I hope I triggered your interest. I would love to hear your comments. Much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...