Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Book Review: The Hunger Games


Yes, I can now officially say "May the odds be ever in your favor!"
It takes a whole lot of convincing to finally give up and read this.
Thanks to my friends, Faye and Bryan, for giving me a copy of The Hunger Games trilogy.
Thanks to my cousin, Nica, who never gave up asking me to read this.
I finished reading all three books in less than a week. It's all worth it! Now, I love THG just like how I love Harry Potter.
*i might divulge anything that might spoil those people who haven't read the book*


Book 1: The Hunger Games
Peeta Mellark!!! I love him!! This book gave me smiles and brought me bucket of tears. Mostly, Peeta was the one who gave me smiles and that famous cave scenes. I fell in love how he admit to everyone during his interview about the girl he's inlove with. "because... she came with me." How, he knows everything about Katniss ever since that bread encounter. I cried when Peeta and Katniss left District 12 to be a tributes at the Hunger Games; I cried when Rue died and I cried at the ending. It was a heartnreaking moment. PEETAAAA!!!

Book 2: Catching Fire
As soon as I finished reading book 1, I immediately started reading this because of how heartbreaking the last scene was. There's a whole lot of turn of events here. Just like how book 1 gave me tears. This one brought me bucket and bucket of tears. The Quarter Quell, How determined Peeta to save Katniss' life, Cinna!, How they were rescued at the arena, how they comfort each other at night when they had nightmares, the lake scene, the locket and pearl scenes... There's a new character named Finnick. At first I don't like him because of his arrogance, then I wasn't sure if he is an alliance until the very end. When I finished this book I wasn't really sure if I wanted to read the third one.


Book 3: Mockingjay
But I have to read this so here goes. This last installment was the most heartbreaking book that really captured my emotions. Sigh. It's packed with actions and a rollercoaster of emotions. I wasn't sure who was the enemy, who to trust and who was pretending. Not like the first and second book that are full of romantic scenes; this book was lacked with those but they showed how Katniss would do anything to save Peeta. My favorite scenes were the conversation between Peeta and Gale; Haymitch asking Katniss to trust him again and be her mentor; Boggs speech before he died; and Peeta and Katniss scenes no matter how heartbreaking those were.


"You love me. Real or not real?"
"Real!" 
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking time reading my post! I hope I triggered your interest. I would love to hear your comments. Much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...