Friday, June 22, 2012

Music Boost Friday - Safe and Sound

When the trailer of the movie The Hunger Games was being shown at the television; it's like everyone is going cray about it. Like all my friends are scheduled to watch it and there's me who don't give a damn about watching it.
I didn't know how they found out about THG. I didn't even know it was based on a book (and that is another reason why I don't like to watch it; I wanted to read the book first). I am saving money for something important so I've decided not to buy the books. 
My cousin, Nica, kept on ranting about it. She's like one of the many who would go cray about it. She's so persistent that I gave up, I told her I would read and watch it. I've read the synopsis in the net and my curiosity is heightened. I look for the price at the bookstore but it is expensive (though not that much but because I am saving for something else, so yes it is expensive) so I told myself to buy it some other time. 
I was kind of frustrated about it. One night, I went out with my friends when we talked about books. One of my friends told me that he has an ebook copy of THG trilogy so I was like "for real???!!!! give me copy, pleaseeeee!!!!" and so after two days he gave me my copy. yay!

But I didn't have time to read it at that time so I think a week passed by before I actually read it and I just can't stop. If it weren't for my eyes that were suffering (remember I was reading on a netbook so my eyes pretty hurt that much) I wouldn't stop.

*beware: for those who haven't seen and watched the movie, I may spoil some in here*
I LOVED it!! I was smiling the whole Peeta-Katniss moments. 
I love Peeta, the boy with the bread. 
I cried when Rue died and I just stare at a blank space for a moment.
I also cried and was so upset at the ending. :"(

I'll watch the movie and start reading Catching Fire soon :)

Here's THG soundtrack: Safe and Sound
by: Taylor Swift ft Civil Wars
I remember tears streaming down your face
When I said, I'll never let you go
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight
Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window darling
Everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby
Even when the music's gone Gone

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Ooh x 4 aah x 3 ooh x 4 aah x 2

Just close your eyes
You'll be alright
Come morning light, 
You and I'll be safe and sound
ooooh x 12
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking time reading my post! I hope I triggered your interest. I would love to hear your comments. Much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...